Tuesday, April 20, 2010

SPRING has sprung

Spring is finally here!! Not that I can complain about the winter we had. We had it much better than my friends and family in Iowa. So...as I a think forward to summer I get hungry for fresh produce that I walk out into my back yard to harvest!

My wonderful hubby recognizes my need to "grow stuff" and let me dig some new beds in our yard, inside our fence and out of reach of the neighborhood deer.

Mr. G was very excited about helping me plant the "garden". He helped me choose seeds and is a master waterer. With his help, I planted lettuce (2 types), radishes, spinach, carrots, broccoli and cabbage.









After Sandy tromped through the garden making huge pawprints on top of the spinach, I put up a rope fence to keep her out.
Hopefully if my efforts prove to produce great results.. these beds will become "raised" beds next year.

2 comments:

  1. My nephew has had great results with his raised garden beds on his farm in Wisconsin. He has several and even put in gravel paths between them. I need to get out and work in the yard too. Would like to put in some veggies, but I will be satisfied if I get the two rosebushes (that are waiting patiently in the garage) planted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meridith, wow what anice little garden! Graehm looks like he is having fun. The Skirts look darling!! You sure are a busy mom!! Keep up the good work. Happy quilting, Susan

    ReplyDelete