Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby Quilts Part 3



I made these 4 quilts for some kiddos who live in Kansas City. My cousin requested some quilts for them. She told me their favorite colors and I had fun making these colorful quilts to send to them. I tried some new patterns as well, which is always fun. The purple and green one with the stars was really fun and easy to do and quilt.



I have made several of these "I spy" baby quilts. They are so fun because you can play games with the quilts. My kids love playing "I spy with my little eye..." and it was fun to make quilts that could be cuddled with and played with as well.




This quilt wasn't a baby quilt, but was a graduation gift for one of our 1st babysitters! Her favorite colors are lime green, orange, purple and blue. WOW that was a fun palate to play with. I used a pattern from Atikinson Designs called Lucky Stars. The great thing about this pattern is that the stars "float". So you don't have worry about your points being perfect. Great for me as I was a beginner when I made this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment